Some details on the La Strada project located in La Louvière:
More than a shopping centre, La Strada is a new district where the architects of L35 wish to ensure interaction between shops and nature, city and leisure around a square with playgrounds, trees, fountains, etc. In short, bring life to and restore the appeal of existing businesses!
• A mobility plan was devised with a specialised office, town planners and city officials
• Everything was done to connect the new district with the city centre: the existing streets will be extended by new accesses in order to connect the city centre with the new Strada project as far as possible.
• A footbridge will also allow you to walk from the train station to the city centre via La Strada
• The different means of transport were taken into consideration: the car but also the bicycle, walking, train, bus, etc. An electric shuttle is also planned to link the different activities of the new district to each other and to the city centre
• The shops on offer will satisfy all budgets and tastes
• La Strada is also
• A large semi-covered hall to host concerts, numerous events, food vans, a market with local and responsible products, etc.
• Hundreds of apartments built in several phases
• A ‘culture’ alley, where La Louvière can showcase its best achievements outside the closed space of the Keramis museum.
• Leisure for all ages
• Several restaurants
• A cinema
La Strada is an oasis of freshness where nature is very present. Trees will be planted there, mixing deciduous and evergreen species to keep the centre green throughout the year. At the heart of the project is a body of water with water jets, a haven for visitors and a children’s playground.
La Strada is a super-environmental achievement with:
• Green roofing
• Urban vegetable gardens where residents can grow their own fruit and vegetables
• Landscaped car parks
• Breeam certified sustainable buildings
The activities, the shops on offer, the connections with the city and its green setting will make La Strada a vibrant place which will restore a positive economic dynamic to La Louvière.
La Strada incorporates the experience accumulated over many years by the Wilhelm & Co group and the architects of the Barcelona L35 firm, while taking it even further. In the long term, it should create nearly 1,000 jobs